Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mommy Blogging - Time to get caught up

Betcha thought I was done with my Mommy Blogging series, huh? Nope. I have a couple more things to address before I close out that issue. If you are new here, I started a series a couple of weeks ago in honor of my, gulp, 400th post. I have woven my way through:

*why and how I got started,

*my process of going through a literal and figurative blog facelift (I started with a different title, a different look and a different purpose)

*how blogging relationships fascinate me and how birds of a feather blog together

*the importance of comments and lurkers

*how this "hobby" can become addictive if we aren't careful.


Whadja say? You missed all that? Well, would you look a that. I've linked all my past posts below. Here's your chance to get caught up. Put the kids to bed, get hubby comfy in front of some Man TV like Deadliest Catch (that's what my husband does when I am busy scrawling out this nonsense) get a snack, a glass of wine, or a diet coke with lemon, or a glass of water, or an alka seltzer, or a pepto bismol or whatever and get caught up. Then come back so that we can talk about blogging and the BIG OLE Green Eyed Monster. I'll be waiting. Now run along...


Mommy Blogging - How I Got Started

Mommy Blogging - A Complete Facelift

Mommy Blogging- Birds of a Feather

Mommy Blogging - Comments and the "L" Word

Mommy Blogging - Do I need a 12 Step Program?


post signature

17 Comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What an excellent blog you have. I'm so glad I found you. I will have to read your whole series this week. I'll be back for sure. Blessings.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi Debbie...

I always see your comments on other blogs I read and am SO glad I clicked over here tonight! I can't wait until I have some time to come back and read your whole series!

Meredith

Lula! said...

I am all caught up and ready to read more of your brilliant offerings.

Trish said...

YAY!! I'll go get those kiddos to bed and the laundry folded and I'll be back..........

Kat said...

I found your blog with the 12-Step Program post and have been hooked ever since! I am now caught up on the other Mommy Blogging posts and am ready for the Green Eyed Monster post.

You mentioned in the Complete Facelift post that your friends and family rarely look at your blog. That gave me comfort as my sister, my own sister, blood of my blood, has yet, I believe, to look at my blog (sniff, sniff). My husband only looks at it when I make him. As you said, "Where's the love?" My husband I'm letting off the hook because it's Father's Day. My sister, not so much.

Missy said...

Hey there! Missed ya'! Life has precluded checking in with my faves, but so glad you have a new segment on the way! Oooh, the green eyed blog monster is forcing me to get a blog redesign, which is cool, but I'm sorta keeping up with the blog-Jonses, which is not typical for me! Can't wait to hear your take on this.

Tracy P. said...

Hi Debbie! I've been seeing you all over the place, and finally stopped by--only for a minute, but can't wait to come back later and read your series. May be the end of my blogging career tho--love the story of the substitute teacher!!

Heathahlee said...

Oh, you would post something that I HAVE to, in good homekeeping conscience, come back to after I clean my nasty kitchen...But never fear, I will return!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Okay...I'm quite ready for the green-eyed monster. Even on vacation. Maybe I need to re-read the 12 step program post...

Jenkins said...

Hilarious! I am new to this whole blogging world and I must say that it is addicting. I will be checking your blog out frequently. Also checking it to find out blog etiquette. I just started our blogs to catch family up on things going on with Brayden and our family. I had no idea the large blogger world that it out there.
Looking forward to joining the obsession.
Carrie

Emily said...

What is it about deadliest catch that just draws them in like flies to honey? ;)

EEEEMommy said...

Ok! So where's the Green Eyed Monster???
Let me guess...yep, I could write this post for you. That's okay, I'll just let you do it. ;)

Trish said...

Okay, I've out my kids to bed two nights now. I'm all caught up on your past posts (Cuz I NEVER miss anything new from you!!) and now I am waiting patiently for the green eyed monster to rear it's ugly head.

Kat said...

Oh Deeeeebbie! Where are you? I hope that ol' green eyed monster didn't eat you or anything!

I do want to say thank you for the several comments you left me yesterday. Some of them were just really ,really kind and let's just say that I was feeling the love.

~Kat

Connie said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles to find out where the green-eyed monster plays into the blogging world. I guess I'm still wearing my rose-colored glasses.

Tracy P. said...

Whew! I finished your series and am happy to report that even after the 12 step post I am not feeling compelled to go cold turkey. What a relief. But when my husband glances at the computer like it's the "other man" (MY interpretation), I know I have to be careful. Balance is such a challenge, and such a worthy one at that.

Jessica said...

Love it! How do you find/access the statometer? I would love to check out my silent hits.