Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting a Fix

This is how one woman's blog addiction was exposed. The names have been changed to protect the innocent; however, I do have her permission to tell this story. Although she doesn't have a blog of her own, she reads them and knows what's blogworthy. Even she admits this is oh so good. Let us commence, shall we:

Me: Last Wednesday, I write my post about blogging addiction.

Friend in real life otherwise known as Mrs. Friend IRL: Leaves a comment at 10:38 a.m.

Me: I pickup The Princess at school on that afternoon and notice her teacher isn't there at the door to release the class as she usually does.

Me to The Princess: "Did you have a substitute today?"

The Princess: "Yes, Mrs. Friend IRL subbed today."

Me to The Princess: "Oh, was she there for just the afternoon?" knowing in the back of my head that she'd left a comment that very morning.

The Princess replies: "No, she was there all day."

Me: In my head...doing the math...comment at 10:30ish...oh you know where I'm headed with this one...

Me to The Princess: "What did you have for specials this morning?"

The Princess: "PE at 10:30."

Me in my head: Ohmygosh, ohmygosh Mrs. Friend IRL got a blogging fix during a break at school. Bahhahahhaaha. That.is.hilarious.

Me to Mrs. Friend IRL via email: What were you doing reading my blog while you were supposed to be edumakating The Princess? BAHAHAHAHHA BAHHAHHAHAHHAHA. I wouldn't have known otherwise if you hadn't left the comment when you did. BAHAHAHAHA

Phone rings at my house.

Mrs. Friend IRL: "I can't believe you busted me."

Oh yes I did, and the irony of it happening on a post about bloggers addiction was brilliant.

I'm still laughing, and so is she. I think.

post signature

21 Comments:

Elena said...

FUNNY!! I serioulsy have gained 5 lbs since I started blogging. (Because of sitting on my rump all day reading.) I've got to do something about this. :)

Anonymous said...

Still Laughing! I will remain anonymous! Hopefully I will see you early friday morning for a brisk walk.

Melissa Lester said...

And I guess you can feel a boost knowing she went staight to your blog first!

Heather said...

HA!! BUSTED!

Kat said...

So, I'm sitting here smiling with my first thought being what I tell my children when they *get caught*. I tell them, "Be sure your sin will find you". Okay. Now that I've typed that it sounds *harsh*. I'm using a lot of ** in this comment. Anywho, I do not at all mean that harshly. My name is Kat, and I'm a blog addict, too.......

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! My friends will slip many times (that don't have a blog and don't even leave comments on my blog) and say they read something on my blog. I think there are many more out there reading than we even imagine. People that know us and for some reason are addicted but don't want you to know. Crazy!! ~Jill

Lula! said...

When I got "published" in TV Guide, I posted about it and a day later, while picking up Lib at school, her principal & a group of teachers were huddled outside a classroom, giggling. They grabbed me and said, "We read your blog about you being in TV Guide, discussing S-E-X."

First of all, I was surprised they'd been to Lulaville, but more than that I was all, "LEAVE A COMMENT!" Yeesh.

Gina said...

I walked into Abby's class today and her teacher (Carlina) said, "I LOVED that post about the goldfish! Your blog is too funny!"
To which I replied, "You read me? Why don't you ever leave me a comment?!"
Now I just gotta hook her up with her own addiction- I mean blog. She teaches kindergarten. How could that not be funny?!

Tiffany said...

I have been busted quite a few times lately. I just keep telling them that I scheduled my post to set at that time..

I better watch it with the comments!

Connie said...

sounds like she's a good multi-tasker and makes good use of her "down-time". Too funny that you ratted her out!

Teri said...

I sit hearing commenting at the time that I should be getting dressed to go to the gym. Okay, I'll stop now and go workout...and then check my blog after my workout, again. Your blog is great!

Shameless plug: Anyone! Please check out my new blog and...leave a comment...please!

Thanks again. You are too funny!

katylinvw said...

lol! guilty! seriously, who hasn't done this? anybody? - ok, i know, i'm an addict, too!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That is too funny. I'll be talking to some friend - and they'll say - "didn't you say something like that on your blog?" Ummm...probably. At least your friends comment :-)

Cindy said...

Wow, it is an addiction!

Insane Mama said...

That is hilarious, so busted!

Sissy said...

I have a hard time not blogging at work when I do have a few minutes of downtime. I usually just check on a few people and then get back to work!

docufyi said...

Of course I would never check in on "this is the life" during work hours ;-) That is against company policy.

Bob aka "the Man"

KatBouska said...

That's great! I have to be careful when I post stuff too because a couple of my daycare kids' parents read the blog (the hip ones) and I don't want to get caught like your friend!! Too funny.

Heathahlee said...

That is too funny...I know the "newness" of my blogging addiction will wear off after a while...or will it? :)

Trish said...

so funny!! and so busted, although I know Ben's teacher has read my blog during the school day because she mentioned a post one day at pick up that I had just posted that day!!

at least she left you some comment luv.

Jennifer P. said...

Yes, for the sake of all the little children--we best keep our addictions to late nights and early mornings (and during favorite TV programs and laundry hour.....) :)

That was a brilliant bust Miss Debbie!