Thursday, May 15, 2008

To my friends living in my laptop

I think the block is broken. That's the good news. The bad news is that I don't have time today to post anything. So for now, I will just post that I have a post and hope that you will come back later to read it.;) Meanwhile, enjoy this Todd Agnew song....Oh and about music, I learned after reading comments on one particular blog that we all read and that I don't have time to link to at the moment to give her credit, not everyone likes music on blogs. Some of the commenters went as far as to say that if they hear music pop up on a blog they never come back. To which I say, that's too bad. Because if you dismiss any of the blogs on my sidebar that have music, you just don't know what you're missing. You can always turn down the volume.


I'm keeping the music.


PS. Today is Thursday. I clean on Thursday. Right now I have Windex in one hand and a plunger in the other (I'll explain later.) I've checked in on a couple of you in between toilets, but now I have to turn this thing off for the day or I'll never get anything done. So I have decided that I am going to reward myself tonight with a good ole sit down with a glass of wine and catch up on "my reading"...you know, the clicking kind. I have tried to cut down on that "reading" this week, but I have totally missed the party. Care to join me? And will that be Cabernet or Chardonnay?

post signature

11 Comments:

Heather said...

You go, girl!! Be sure and post tomorrow. I can't go too long without my Debbie fix.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That "on a particular blog that we all read" comment had me stumped. I stalk quite a few blogs...but I don't recall a post about music. And then it hit me. Nester...that I don't read...because I am so not crafty. Nester and I have the dubious honor of being Darcy's most difficult customers :-) So...I had to go over and read the post. Interesting. If you don't like music...turn on mute. Sometimes I have my own blog open for the music...and it's amusing to open another and have two songs going at once...

I'm glad to hear your blog block is gone...mine is still in full force...

Runner Girl said...

I'm kinda torn. On most blogs, I love music, but then there are some that I frequent and because of their writing style and what they have to say, the quietness is like an oasis (messythrillinglife). But, I love the music, and I'm with Kat, if you don't like it, turn your volume down! Your music, in particular, really ministers to me, so leave it alone!!!!

Happy windexing! I'm impressed.

Lula! said...

I always have either iTunes running, or one of my FineTune playlists playing...so I usually pause the music on other blogs. But then there are times (such as now--Rascal Flatts is playing!) I just let it go. So rather than tell someone (oh hey--Vanessa Carlton. Now I wanna listen to Michelle Branch sing "Goodbye To You." Because I adore that song. I digress...) wait, where was I? Oh yes, rather than tell someone, "I hate your music" or "I'm never coming back because of your playlist," I just take manners into my own hands. Which is the easiest thing to do. And nicest. I like being nice.

p.s. No chardonnay, no Cabernet. Love 'em both, but tonight is Lost and you know how I feel about MY show. Lost is best viewed with a Sam Adams Light & popcorn. But I'll get into some vino this weekend. Yum.

Gina said...

Well, the song I have on my page stays until the post falls off the bottom of the screen. And that's that. I love the music. If it is distracting, mute your computer. Duh.
And the answer is neither. Guwerztramiener or nothing.

Tiffany said...

You are such a rebel. If feel moved to sing, "Play that funky music white girl!"

Lulu, can I come over for some Sam Adams, Light Popcorn and Lost?

Debbie- I'll be back tomorrow!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Oh, I love Thursdays. My house is clean, too. Love to open the door to the smell of windex and see vacuum cleaner tracks! I'm looking forward to you dropping by my "place" tonight with your vino...cause there is a party going on over there. Lots of fun stuff today. And I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned for tomorrow.

And my sisters in LOST...I tivo it. And watch it Friday afternoons...with my big diet coke and bowl of popcorn...I hate commercials that much.

Sissy said...

I'm with Lula...I have my iTunes on and music on blogs gets in the way. Drives me a little crazy to hear them all together. And, like many people commented, if you are sneaking a peak of a blog at work, the music is a telltale giveaway that you aren't working!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Girl!! We blog music players must ban together as one!! I love blogs with music. It adds yet one more element to the person. I also like more tranquil blogs without music. I'm just so not a tranquil person. I do admit that when I add a video or anything with sound to a post... I turn my playlist music off so visitors can hear whatever is on my post. :) ~Jill

Elena said...

"My friends in the laptop"...hilarious! It's like we're little make believe people. And I love how you had your FlyLady Windex ready to go. Hope you got lots accomplished. You inspired me to get a few things done myself. Thanks for that!

Jennifer P. said...

Music on blogs use to bug me too, and now I LOVE IT! Especially when it fits the post. I put mine up just so I have something to listen to while I blog, but I like when other people dig a song I have up. And I have discovered so many great artists through others' blogs. So sad that some people might never come to see me because I'm musical :(.

Your friend in the laptop,
-Jennifer