Thursday, May 8, 2008

title of my memoir in 6 words

My real life friend Angel at For the Sake of the Call (yes, some of those people on my sidebar are people I actually know in real life) has tagged me for one of those "meme" thingy's.

Here are the rules:

1. Write the title to your own memoir using 6 words.
2. Post it on your blog.
3. Link to the person that tagged you.
4. Tag five more blogs.

The jury is still out for me on whether or not I like these games, but when I read this one, I thought, oh, this will be easy. Ha. It really isn't. And perhaps that is why I don't like these games. They aren't usually topics that I am currently swirling around in my blogger brain so it throws me all cattywompus when I try to plan out my posts. Which, before you say anything, is not something I am particularly anal about. It's just that I try to think about topics for the week if nothing else spectacular is happening like, ya know, stopping the neighbor's mail. Having said that, it has taken me a full day and some teeth gnashing to come up with something that I thought would be appropos for the title of my memoir which in and of itself seems so morbid because I keep thinking a memoir is only published after you die and that is so far from true.

Are you ready for this? You will be shocked to learn that the title I kept coming back to and finally settled on is:


"I Don't Have Much to Say"

Oh the irony coming from a blogger whose about to publish her 400th post. Seriously, my memoir would be used for people with sleep disorders. ZZZZZZZZ. I really don't have anything of import to say about my life other than:


I am a daughter of the King.
I was born in Germany and have two siblings.
I'm a military brat.
I've lived in lots of places.
I had a cat named Eggbert growing up.
I hate dogs. (Don't tell me yours is nice. They all slobber, stink, and sniff)
I was one of the smart kids in school, but not as smart as my husband. He is super super smart. He is an electrical engineer and has an MBA (from Duke no less.) I only know how to spell Duke.
I went to college in Happy Valley. It was Happy. And it is a Valley. And it snowed alot.
I spent my single days, or what I call "Yuppie" years, hanging with friends in beach chairs both in our backyards and at the beach. Wine glass in hand usually.
I spent 15 years in accounting and finance. 8 years of which were spent at Marriott Headquarters where I met some of my lifelong friends. Alas, I never, ever want to go back into accounting. It is my fall back career now. Bo-ring.
I am an extremely private person. Maybe it's not that I don't have much to say, it's just that I don't want to ;)
I met the love of my life at work .
I got married at 34.
I have two kids.
I love my life.
I am living the dream.
The End

The in-between isn't spectacular or particularly all that interesting to anyone, not even me! So, you see, I really don't have much to say as I was able to sum up my life in a single blog post.

Now I'm supposed to tag five other people. But that feels a little like asking you to buy something from my kids for a school fundraiser or like receiving one those email letters saying you better pass it on to everyone in your address book in 15 minutes or your computer will explode. So I'm going to graciously skip that part of the Memememememememe game. If you want to participate, please do so and let me know. I will link you up so that others can see what you have to say. Or do as Jennifer P. did and leave a comment with your memoir title!

post signature

11 Comments:

Gina said...

Wow, That's a whole lot of nothing for you to say! I love reading your nothings!

Jennifer P. said...

Love it all! And i'll take your challenge and just do it right here so I don't have to tag all those people! I say:

"I have too much to say :)!"

Where in Germany were you born? I was an exchange student there!

Heather said...

Oh, Debbie, you're one of my fav's. I could never get bored reading about you!!

Lula! said...

"A Head Full of Useless Knowledge."

The world of pop culture is slowly edging out Shakespeare, Mozart, Steinbeck and Ozzie & Harriet in my brain. A once semi-intelligent, college-educated lover of fine art, novels, and classical music, I now find myself happily satisfied with the crassness of Dooce.com, Burger King, The Jonas Brothers and Jeff Foxworthy. Admission is the first step toward recovery. I hope.

Runner Girl said...

I'm glad that you are living the dream...and that you really, really know that you are!

Gina said...

Alright, If I had to take the challenge it would be:

"WHERE DID I PUT MY HEAD?!"

Jennifer said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. So we are neighbors? Nice to meet you. We are just outside DC in MD. Love your blog...I'm excited to come back and read more!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I'm with you on lots of fronts (including the dog one :-)...and I don't have anything to say either. Have you read my blog? Whole lot of nuthin' - it's all rather Seinfeldian. My memoir title: "Marth Stuart would find me hopeless."

Tiffany said...

"Following Bliss with Two Men in Tow."

First of all, it 7 words, but which word could I take out?

It's a very strange title, I know, but it's what kept on coming...weird.

I have this vision of the book cover of me in a sassy outfit following my dreams while pulling my husband and son in a wagon. Okay I am nuts and need to stop talking.

Do I at least get points fro trying?

Unknown said...

My memoir title would be:

Better than some, worse than others.
(Loved by the King anyway)

OK, I added the little parenthesis but isn't that allowed on book titles sometimes to make them more interesting?

EEEEMommy said...

I'm finally caught up, and I can't believe I hadn't even read the post that I myself tagged you to do. Pathetic!

You underestimate yourself! Thanks for playing along!