Friday, May 9, 2008

Are you smarter than a 5th Grader Friday

Welcome to "Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader Friday." Well, they aren't exactly fifth grader questions, but I needed something catchy. And, hey, 5th grader Friday works for me. I'm not exactly sure how this is going to play out or if anyone is even interested in playing my little game, but I'm gonna try anyways.

Okie dokie. Now what.

On Fridays, I am going to post a brain teaser or two. I'm not sure how to best "collect" the answers. For now, if you know the answer, just indicate as such in the comments. If you want to share your answer with me to see if you are correct, just go to the sidebar and click on "Click here to email me." (I really need to get a nice little button for that.) I'll post the answers on Saturday or Sunday. We'll see how this works and what the response is. If it stinks, well then, ya can't blame a girl for trying.

Here goes nothing:

These brain plexing words and shapes, and their positions, can be used to derive a word or saying. Can you guess what they are?


Example:

Dribble

Dribble


Answer: Double Dribble


Now it's your turn. These are three separate teasers with three separate and unrelated answers. Can you guess what they are?

you cont ol r
GR12"AVE
eeeeeeeeee

15 Comments:

Gina said...

I know! I know! OOOH, pick me, pick me!

Jennifer P. said...

I only know the middle one. I was always horrible at these! I'm glad to know I'm not much beyond 5th grade at 32 :)!

Trish said...

ohhhh, pick me, not Gina.....she's always been smarter than me. Case in point: When I was a junior in high school she was a freshman and we were in the same math class.....and it wasn't because I was behind.


I know the answers too!!

Jennifer said...

I know the first and last ones... I will email you DH license plate, it goes along the same lines as these puzzles.

Jennifer

Unknown said...

just the first...'gotta focus...

Unknown said...

ooo...ooo...got the second one, but I tried to e-mail you and it's not working for me. Beats me on the e's.

Unknown said...

I think I know some of them, but that just could be wishful thinking!

Be well! Sniz

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Great idea with the quizzes. Stuff like that is fun!

Hey, there's something for you over at my place!

Be well and have a great weekend!

Sniz

docufyi said...

I have the first two but can't figure out the third.

Debbie said...

Gina and Trish...email me your answers. I got a couple of emails and they keep getting the last one wrong...I am curious what you both came up with.

Evi...the email is working. Not sure why you can't connect.

Jennifer...I still cannot figure out what Wayne's plate means.

Jennifer P. ..dont' feel bad. This kind of stuff isn't my strength.

Sniz, you make me laugh.

Rjn...I'm gonna make you wait till you get home to tell you the answer ;)

Debbie said...

Evi and Jennifer G. I figured out what was wrong with the email address on the side. There was a syntax error in the HTML code. Try to send your email again. I think the other folks went through my profile to email me.

Emily said...

Sadly, I don't know any of them. My brain is fried from having two kids.

Elena said...

I'm with Emily, I don't have a clue what the last two are. So sad because I used to be pretty good at them. They are going to drive me crazy until you post the answers. I've already looked at them 4 times today.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I've been thinking about the last one all day...the first two were not too hard. But the last one. I am going to email you my possibilities..can't wait to see the answers.

Lula! said...

I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW! E-mailing now...