Wednesday, May 7, 2008

excuse me for a moment

Ok, I have had a first. I just spit my water out of my mouth while reading a comment someone left on "The Name Cemetery" post. She said that a young friend she knows named their baby "Debbie!" Woo hoo. Oh wait, don't get too excited about it's resurgence, yet. They named her after, get this, THE GRANDMOTHER! I am laughing so hard right now that I can barely see what I'm typing. Again, my theory has been proven. My name has now fallen into the category of names you select because it was your GRANDMOTHER'S! I'm too young for this. Waaaaaaaaaaa.


Ok, resume reading whatever else you came here to read.

post signature

5 Comments:

Jennifer P. said...

My mom's name was Delores, my mother-in-law is Margery. Boy am I glad I didn't have any girls :)!

Tisha said...

Our pastor named one of his daughters Deborah. She is 14 now, named from the book of Judges.
Name preferences are so personal. I like the name Hazel :) A lot.
Agree with you on your AI picks too.

Jennifer said...

too funny, i'm just glad your new post pushed that AWFUL picture down enough that I don't have to look at it anymore. what WAS she thinking, emporer's new clothes is IT!

BTW, if you tivo's AI last night then you have to check the commercials right after d. archuleta's first song (i think). It's a commerical for citibank (again, i think). I laugher OUT LOUD and almost fell of the couch!... A women talks about redecorating her house and sprucing it up a bit... but then comes to a different conclusion...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Names are such a personal thing. My oldest -- Katie - or Katharine - is named her grandmother and great grandmother. My mom is Kathryn and my dad's mom is Catherine...

Coach Krista said...

Debbie,

I just searched my name may be heading to the cemetary it was 160 in 1998 and 900+ in 2006. i checked out my grandmothers name Stella it was over 900 in 1998 and in the top 200 in 2006 it is coming alive again. It is all cyclical! Have a great day!