Monday, May 12, 2008

I got nothin for ya today

Nothing. Nada. Zippy. I can't think of a thing to talk about. You think with all the free time I had on my hands yesterday I would have been able to drum up a week's worth of posts and post date them now that blogger has that function. Which by the way, has revolutionized the way I blog. I just type up that bad boy, post date, publish, and voila, it appears on my blog when I tell it to. Those blogger boys and girls sure are getting smart aren't they? I did end up having a very quiet day yesterday because my husband took the kids to the mall while I lounged on my throne and started reading this:

It is engaging from the first page. But I will tell you, it is not beach reading. The words are big and small at the same time. (And what do we call that type of statement ladies?? Please look it up in your English textbooks. Quiz tomorrow.) My daughter also ended up having the meal she wanted for dinner (peanut chicken and rice that my husband whipped up) because it rained and rained and rained and rained and was forty five degrees and rained and rained buckets making it somewhat impossible to grill those steaks which are still marinating, as we speak, in something delectable and savory (and making my mouth water as I type, and it's only 10:30 a.m.) Hopefully we can grill them tonight...IF....it stops raining. Did I mention we had to turn on the heat in the house again...argggh.

FUTHAMORE, as my southern friends say, I debated whether to share with you my latest quirk. But since I got nothin else to talk about today, I decided to spill it. Last night,I had a dream about something funny. Not so quirky, I know. Quirky makes an appearance when I tell you that I made a mental note to myself within the dream (oh yes, you read correctly) that I needed to make sure I type up a post about the funny dream. I woke up this morning with three concerns, uh, (1) Why am I dreaming about blogging? (2) And gee, I can't remember what was so funny that I felt it was blogworthy. (3) And, oh bummer! I wish I could have remembered what so funny, so I would have something to post today. So ladies, as my one of favorite bloggers Heather always says, " love me through this." Both my quirkiness and my blogger's block that is.

I better go start the laundry.

post signature


11 Comments:

Gina said...

Are you talking about understatement? Besides, if it's in print then it is beach material.

Jennifer said...

OK, a few things for you,

First, it still amazes me that you can be so entertaining even when you think you have nothing to say (give yourself more credit!) Same as Wayne, a network engineer with a physics degree, he's one of the funniest people I know. I love when humor surprises you...

Second, do share the steak marinade, always looking for new recipes, especially from you.

Third, I have dreamed about forgetting to add things to my to do list, how sad is that, not quirky. sad.

Fourth, are we going to float away today?

Fifth, gotta book for you, didn't know you loved to read...
Charles Martin, "When Crickets Cry" I think I mentioned it last year during bible study with Linda. You MUST read this and his other books, excellent writing, great characters, expressive writing without beind wordy.

Tiffany said...

Dreaming about blogging... I think I may be on my way to that...

"Love me through this" and "Oh my stars" are my two favorite Heatherisms...

Debbie said...

Gina, call me lame, but I cannot read little print, and long sentences at the beach while making sure my kids don't drown ;)
Jennifer, my real life friend. I love you. You made my day. Thanks for thinking I'm funny. I'll email you the marinade secret. Hint: this one is in a bottle. I have that book you recommended on my list. I wrote it down last year when you told us about it and haven't forgotten it. And my kids will be building the ark with their lincoln logs this afternoon. I hope it works.

Lula! said...

I so could've written this post. Oh, but we are BFFs because we seem to share a brain. And come help with my laundry, already...after a weekend full of family frivolity, I let 4 loads pile up. Ugh...gotta return to my fluffing and folding.
p.s. Adding Jennifer's book recommendation to my must-read list. Currently devouring Stephenie Meyer's latest, "The Host." Different. Weird. Entertaining. And that's the first few chapters. We'll see how it progresses.

Trish said...

yummy peanut chicken, I would have chosen that over the steak anyday!!

still lovin you through your "quikiness and bloggers block".

I blogged!!

Heather said...

YOU MENTIONED ME IN YOUR BLOG!!! I'm so excited right now. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...you're one of my fav's too; blogger's block and all. I'll TOTALLY love you through it and still read you every single day. Just write through it. Don't stop writing.

This Coldplay song gives me goosebumps. So good.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I just published. At 4pm. Because I could not think of anything to say. I got an idea from another blog to interview my kids. So, I did. I got a whole lotta nothin. I asked questions, I got glazed looks and "I don't know" answers. Back to the drawing board!

Sorry about your steaks. We managed to cook ours. In the middle of a wind storm.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I forgot to ask you...are you really liking "Atonement?" It is one of the few books I have thrown against the wall and not finished. I would find myself reading the same sentence. The same paragraph over and over again. Eyes glazing over. And then, I decided that it was okay not to like it and move on. But not before I threw it against the wall in disgust. :-)

Emily said...

Oh, I know all too well about blogging dreams. Once I woke up in the middle of the night, fished a pencil out of my nightstand drawer, scrounged a piece of paper and scribbled what I thought was a note to myself about some wit induced dream that I just had to blog about the next day.

What was written on that paper you say?

"the dog was in the pool."

Funny, because we don't have a dog or a pool. I spent hours trying to figure that one out. I remember making such an effort to get that on paper... weird.

Jennifer P. said...

I don't know what else you said, I can't stop thinking about those marinating steaks. I think I must be a little low on iron or something :)!

You are always entertaining!!!