Thursday, May 22, 2008

Check out this dream I had!

I have some really bad news, I fell asleep watching most of Idol last night! I know you were looking forward to my recap. I was looking forward to writing it. GRRRR!! I am so bummed. I fell asleep pretty hard and had some crazy dreams, not the least of which was that I was back in college! Wow. It was kind of a strange. I dreamt that I was listening to Donna Summer, Bryan Adams, ZZ Top, George Michael, and watching Tom Cruise sing "Old Time Rock and Roll" in his skivvies. The dream was kinda fuzzy because I don't remember him looking like David Archuletta back then. Weird. Then check this out: I dreamt the USC Marching Band came on stage singing with some guy screeching out a song wearing white feathers. Whoa, is that a boa? Wait, USC marching band? white feathers? bad singing? Man, what did I eat for dinner last night? These are some kind of crazy dreams. Oh it gets better: I dreamt that Syesha sang a duet with the one and only Seal! Get outta here! Then Nanny Brooke was pickin and strummin and singing with Graham Nash! And then, here's the funniest thing ever: Gladys Knight's Pip's were Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downie Junior! No freakin way! Then I dreamt Simon apologized to David Cook for having "disrespected" him during his comments the night before. He actually said that, after watching the tapes from their performances, it was alot closer than he thought and that he didn't care who won! Wow! A mea culpa from Simon. It had to be a dream. Fortunately, I woke to the sound of "The winner of American Idol is.....David Cook." Yahoo! Yippee! So glad I was wrong in my prediction. I just thought all the teen girls who finished their homework early (or not) would be texting and dialin' for four hours straight for David A.

So here's who doing some happy chair dancing this morning:

American Idol execs: David Cook is redemption for Daughtry going out early a couple of years ago. They haven't had a superstar winner since Carrie Underwood. Daughtry made other record producers and himself rich selling millions of records. During that same year, Idol execs were trying to figure out what to do with Taylor Hicks and his Elaine-on-Seinfeld-inspired-dancing. He has since been dropped by his record label.

Disney Execs: They were praying for David A. to lose so that they could sign him this afternoon. In my armchair business analysis, that is his audience, his niche, and where he will become the next Zac Efron only with talent....or the next lead singer of a boy band like the Jonas Brothers who were, coincidentally, also in my dream last night. Told ya, crazy.

David Cook: He isnt' the best pure singer. But he can sing AND perform AND is destined for superstardom. I'll buy his CD or download iTunes to my mp3 player (which thanks to sweet husband I now have). But the best news for him, is that he didn't lose to "Baby Elmo" as one of the writer's in The Washington Post so affectionately calls David A. Let's hope Cook's head doesn't get too big, figuratively speaking, because as Tiffany (oops, I mean Heather ) pointed out to me in her last comment, it is literally and distractingly HEYUGE...especially standing next to Ryan.

I will eventually go back to watch the show on Tivo to see what happened while I was taking my nap for the first hour and forty-five minutes. However, I'm not sure it could top my dream. No way. It was too vivid and too weird to be real. Until then, care to fill me in?


post signature

13 Comments:

Lula! said...

Your dream started off with great 80's tunes...I think this means you are just looking forward to another "Flashback Friday" post from me. Love the 80's!!!

I didn't watch last night...was convinced Gay David would win. Imagine my surprise when I saw Pee-Pee Pants Eric over at Heather's. Hallelujah--America got it right for the first time since Carrie.

Go back to dreaming now...

Elena said...

Yeah, I was a bit shocked at the outcome as well. I really thought little David would win. Not that I care the Big David won. He' great and his tears at the end were very touching. I hope Little David's stage dad isn't too tough on him for losing though. And that was one CRAAAAZZZYY dream. For some reason, I had the exact same dream. YIKES!

Tiffany said...

My name is in you blog! Yippeee! However, Heather was actually the bulbous head commenter. But we don't have to tell, I like my name all big and beautiful in your blog text. It's easy to get us mixed up, as we both write such great, suspenseful stories about ex-boyfriends...

Debbie said...

Oh geez. I better change that before she sees it!

Kelly said...

haha! don't you love those dreams that feel so real! lol

you are right on when you say he is pure, thats exactly it. he is just a natural star. Lets pray he remains true to himself and doesn't get too caught up in the stardom.

Hugs,
Kelly

Jennifer P. said...

Yipee David Cook! Better watch your back, or your kneecaps, for a while though. Crazy David A's dad might be comin' for ya!

And EVERYONE's everything looks huge standing next to Ryan. Even the women look like amazons! Crazy!

Seal was for sure my favorite part. Put his favorite song up of mine today. And I think it was very uncomfortable applause when George Michael came out. Poor guy. Time has not been too kind to him. He looks like an old man!!!

Trish said...

I tried to watch.........but I really fell asleep. Honestly. The last thing i remember seeing was the bedazzled and boa'd horrific singer with the USC cheerleaders and Paula dancing like some looney.....then it was lights out for me. Oh well. Why start with the last episode?

I do have to tell you that your blog was the first place I went to this morning for results :-)

Thanks for comin through sista!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We were out last night...and I just knew I could come here to find out all that happened. And it was better :-)

Julie said...

Okay Debbie, I read your blog when I got up and I thought you were serious...so I was thinking "wow what a funny dream, where does she come up with this stuff..." And I just got done watching it...and was shocked to see SEAL on it...and everything else in your "dream." Ha ha.

I am so happy Cook won, and i have to say I have read comments posted here and I don't see Cook having an ego. I am not seeing what others are typing. I feel a bit confirmed in that when Simon has said twice he was one of the nicest guys he has ever met, and that is a LOT coming from Simon. It is easy to judge people you don't know on tv... but when contestants and the judges talk about how down to earth and nice he is, I tend to believe them... they actually KNOW him. That is just my two cents worth.

(and Zach was on the Hungarian MTV station here as a VJ, and people had all these ideas about who he was based on him listing the top 40 in America, England and Germany. And he was usually NOTHING how people judged him from tv. So, that has really made us think more about judging people on tv... not to say I never do it, but I try to be a bit more careful and realize they are humans too... :)

ohhollyf said...

did you have a diet Coke? Because that's good blogging.
the Ben Stiller cracked me up.
like I told ya, I didn't watch, just followed your blog, glad ur happy w/ results.

Heather said...

Oh my stars, you crack me up!! I thought for sure little David (or gay David as Lula calls him) was going to win and then we'd all go out and buy big David's cd. I'm SO glad big David won by such a landslide. I worry about little David's dad, though. I hope he's not too hard on the little guy.

Piggy said...

Debbie, you're too funny! I've been reading your Idol blogs and I love them. David Cook had me at "Hello," the Lionel Richie song that is. Since then, he was my favorite to win. Did anyone else notice Archuleta's grandfather (dad's dad of course) comment that this is "good for the family"? The family's counting on you, David...no pressure! Darn, you let us down! [shakes fist] :)

P.S. I forgot to sign my previous comment as Claudia. I noticed when Kat responded to Piggy, which is my baby's nickname 'cause she was born in the year of the golden pig. :)

Emily said...

I am your brother, your best friend forever....

I think we all need a little more of that guy in our life.