Monday, April 7, 2008

lurking and de-lurking---such icky words

I swear. I love the blogosphere. My last two posts have had comments left by two people that are "de-lurking." Icky word. I mean, really, all you are doing is reading something someone else has published publicly. (Did I just say I was "published?") And lurking makes it sound so illicit or illegal. If you haven't read the comments on my last post. You must. I am lovin that Gina was compelled to "de-lurk" not because she was ready to publicly play along with me, but because her sister (I think) Trish blamed her for ruining her Sonic experience by dumping her crushed ice from her Route 44 Sonic drink (which by the way beats my 7-11Super Big Gulp by a mile, but we don't have Sonic where I live.) And the comment she made about finding the Teddy Graham in her drink is still making me laugh, hard.

So does anyone else want to de-lurk? I'm really nice. I'll read your blog and leave comments. Let's face it, most lurkers have blogs and all bloggers love comments. And if they tell you they don't, they're lying. Comments are like the applause/or boos at the end of a performance....they let the performers know you are there and want to play along. I have to admit I am curious about who reads this other than my three man readers, a couple of my neighbors and my two sisters-in-law. And for goodness sake, if I do actually know you, tell me!

If you aren't ready, that's ok. Just keep stopping by.


post signature

11 Comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree with you about the lurking words, they sound so weird and creepy like I'm a criminal or something.

I lurk A LOT, mainly b/c I don't have a blog to send people to or promote. I like reading them and getting the different tips, hints, recipes, inspiration and laughs from the ones I read. I comment every now and then but only on a few, yours and Lysa Terkeurst's mostly. I know you and I've met Lysa and read her books,
sounds like...looks like... shameless name dropping but it's not.
I've known you since before YOU were famous. LOL

Blessings, Jennifer

Gina said...

You are so TOTALLY right. I de-lurked ALL in the name of sibling rivalry! Man, I've been following her around my whole life- even here!

Sissy said...

I haaaaaddd to comment on the last post. So funny.

I'm hungry now, I think.

Unknown said...

I think you have lots of other readers. You KNOW I read...I LOVE your blog!

Trish said...

The sibling rivalry continues here in your comments, just because I have never been one to let her have the last word!!

Yes, she has been following me around all her life........these days I take it as flattery that she wants to be just like me. That wasn't so much the case 20 years ago ;-) And I never saw the teddy graham in my cup......but oh, well, she's right about the ice being bad for my teeth, and maybe she saved me from some painful dental work!
I too feel dirty after hearing the word "lurker"....makes me want to go take a shower. I haven't really cares much about who is reading me.....except that it is a little weird when i run into someone at church or my sons school who says "oh, I read your blog...."

What do you say to that? "Um, okay"

Heather said...

Lurky lurky lurk delurky lurk. Delurker delurkish nonlurk lurk lurk delurk.

I'm just kidding!! That word is kind of like poking someone with a stick. You want to scream, "Stop it already!!!" I read you every. day. It's true. Love you so much. I'm here at my computer every morning with my cup of coffee cheering you on.

Debbie said...

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. However, I probably should have worded this post differently. I know I have readers because I have a counter. I just always wonder whose face is behind those clicks. That's mostly what I was getting at.

Gina said...

Debbie,
Do you mind if I link you up? Just following Trish- again!

Debbie said...

Gina, link away...

Meagan said...

Hi Debbie! I am a friend of Trish's and found your blog through hers. I love reading your stories, adventures,and commentaries on life! So fun! I am still fairly new to this blogging thing, but think I am addicted! Never thought I would be so interested in the lives of people I have never met!

Have a super day!
Meagan

Shannon said...

Just de-lurking!! Enjoy reading your blog!