Thursday, March 27, 2008

I won something!

Really, I did! I NEVER win anything! Several weeks ago a woman named Tangee left a comment on my blog. So, in proper blog etiquette, I went over to hers, read it for a bit and then left a comment thanking her for "stopping by." I didn't even pay attention to the fact that at the bottom of the post she mentioned she was giving away a piece or two of her handmade jewelry. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting to win anything, least of all this:

It's peacock pearls with a sterling silver clasp. Isn't it beautiful! I can tell you it is even more beautiful in person. She makes and sells her own jewelry on ETSY (which I have recently learned is a place to sell handmade items.) She notified me about it while I was on vacation, and the package was waiting for me when I got home. Super speedy all the way from California. So go check out her stuff at A Sparkly Messy Life.

Thanks Tangee!


post signature

4 Comments:

Tracey said...

No way! That is so cool. I love it when people give things away on their blogs. Maybe we should try that and be like the cool people.

I laughed when I read your post over at The Nester about the candles. My mom taught me that when I was young and now it bugs me to see unused candles. You don't have to burn them until they are deformed, just light the wick and let it get scorched and then blow it out. Then you will no longer be breaking any home dec rules.

And yes, I am diggin' the bookcase. We probably saw it on the same persons blog. Of course, I can't remember who the heck it was, but I love copying people. I am a pro at it actually.

Debbie said...

Tracey are you implying that I'm not cool? ;)

Runner Girl said...

Yeh, Debbie! How fun, what a surprise, and what a beautiful bracelet! K

Tangee said...

Debbie,
I am SO glad you like it. I hope you wear it a lot and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. And, hon, thank you so much for posting about it on your blog(I'm feeling a bit humbled here).