My brain is brimming with things to blog about, but I had to interrupt my regularly scheduled posting to discuss tonight's American Idol. If you don't watch it, I am so sorry, but I really can't help myself. And where else can you indulge your whims than in your own blog.
1) Ramiwhatever was awful, just awful. She is sweet and petite, but let's face it, she has no personality.
2) Syesha bugs me. Yes, that much. No votes here.
3) Dreadlocks was one of my favs until tonight. He is either cocky or overconfident or stupid. Maybe all three. He should have never ever said "I could have practiced more." And shrugged his shoulders when asked if he really wanted this. Tisk tisk. You shouldn't take a fickle audience for granted...especially kids that would love to be in your shoes right now. Of course I voted for him not only once but twice. Hypocrite. I know.
4) Chikezee. Did Luther Vandross rise from the dead? Because, seriously, he channeled himself through Chikezee. I voted for him once.
5) Brooke is the next Carly Simon. Love her. I voted for her twice.
6) The Aussie guy. Did you hear what I just said? The Aussie guy. Isn't this American Idol? I think I voted for him. I was just pushing buttons. Lots of 'em. But not 911. No. That would have been bad.
(7) The Irish girl. Did you hear what I just said? The Irish girl. Again, isn't this American Idol? She bugs me way more than Syesha. And not only that, she sang THE one song I hate most in this world. Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart." Blech. Worst song ever written. She and the song are like finger nails going down a chalkboard. Dontcha think she looked a little deer in the headlightish tonight when they panned her? Well, Simon and Randy panned her. Paula didn't. But Paula doesn't count.
(8) Kristy. Kristy who? Do you remember her? Oh yeah, she's the one that turned a Beatles song into a two steppin' country diddy two weeks ago. Scarey. Tonight she was actually good. But she is still, kind-of-sort-of-well-you-know, boring.
(9) David Archuleta. Someone please tell me what song he sang. I have no idea what that was. Never heard of it. And it wasn't very good. But, I still voted for him. Twice.
(10) David Cook. Who knew Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" could be turned into a rock song. From the beginning I thought he was smug and didn't like him. Well, I still think he is smug, but I hate to admit this, he is probably now one of my favorites. He will either win this thing or get voted out early and end up more successful than the eventual winner. Worked out rather well for another Idol contestant with a little ole band named Daughtry. Who won that year anyway? I voted for him (David) not only twice, but three times. Bob is cringing. He can't stand him.
(11) Paula. Paula. Paula. Did Paula forget to change her black rubber gloves after cleaning the kitchen? Do you think they were they burned out at the fingertips by excessive clorox use? Wait a minute. Excessive. Clorox. Use. Excessive clorox use! That might explain a couple of things if you know what I mean. *Wink.*Wink.* Let's not even discuss how those gloves looked when she did her seal clap. In my best Simon accent, "They were "ghastly"!
Now in your best Brit accent or your best "yo dawg," tell me what you think about the contestants. No Paulas allowed. Unless of course that is your real name. Then you are most welcome, because you are the reason I am up past midnight writing this meaningless drivel.