Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Table Tamiflu for 4 please.

Yay us, we are sitting at the same table as our old friend INFLUENZA. He's paying the kids a visit, so we ordered up a family size portion of Tamiflu that cost $160. The "chef" is the only gig in town so he can charge what he wants. We did use the special card otherwise it would have cost $400. Yeeeouch. I feel badly for people not fortunate enough to have the special card...those "chefs" can be greedy. The kids were so excited because they got to "chase" their order of Tamiflu with M&M's. They said it was too bitter for their liking.

Take a good look at what $160 buys these days...I can't sit in it (new chair), wear it (new clothes), or look at it (some other item I don't need in my house.) That's an expensive meal without wine dontcha think?



This is what INFLUENZA's visit looks like at my house...the kids in our bed, watching our TV, and getting room service. In case you are keeping score, this is Lindsey's second visit in a month. Apparently it was his cousin named Different Strain that was in town last month. His family is no longer welcome here. Where am in I in this picture? I'm on the floor with my laptop and a surgical mask. Wait a minute, who's gonna bring me room service?



This just in. Influenza brought along his friend STREP THROAT. They are BOTH visiting Lindsey right now. She's so popular!

If this story wasn't true, it might be funny. Just maybe.

post signature

6 Comments:

Runner Girl said...

Oh your poor babies! I am so sorry. It's an opportunity for lots of love complete with extra hugs and kisses...with your surgical mask, of course. Hope everyone's better soon!!!

Jennifer P. said...

Poor little ones! Somehow mine have avoided getting this--knock on wood! Isn't it INSANE how much medication costs?!?! Not that I want the government giving to all of us for free or we may never have a reasone to invent more, but I wish they could come up with generics a little more quickly.

Lots of well wishes to you all!

Loved your useful, beautiful bulletin board. That's just plain pretty! Can't wait to see what you come up with next (as soon as everyone is better!).

Heather said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry for your poor little sick kiddos. I hope they feel better soon. Hang in there, momma. You're doing good!!

Tracey said...

Oh no! Say it isn't so...praying for a quick recovery.

I think you should chase your Tamiflu with a nice glass of wine tonight if you don't have any symptoms yet...you will need it after running that room service tray up and down the stairs all day.

Call me if you need anything, I will be out and about this afternoon and can pick up anything you guys think of.

Darcy @ m3b said...

Oh vey! I'm so sorry. Sending some virtual chicken noodle your way...

Get well soon!

Melissa Stover said...

poor kids. we've had some of the same stuff too.
cute blog design.