Thursday, January 3, 2008

mean girls

I had an interesting conversation with Lindsey at breakfast this morning. Not sure how exactly we got on the topic, but we were discussing school and friends etc. when she leaned in and whispered to me (like anyone was around to hear this tidbit in our kitchen at 7am) that Girl A told her that Girl B wanted to "break-up" the friendship between Girl C and Girl D so that she (Girl B) could be friends with Girl C. Did you get that? Lindsey told Girl A that it wasn't very nice...to which I responded "that's my girl"...So I'm curious if Girl B has some sinister plan to undermine Girl D who just so happens to be one of the sweetest girls I have ever met. I mean really, they are in second grade! I was warned that all this starts happening in the third grade which I thought was early...but in this day and age, I guess I shouldn't be surprised it started earlier...I'm just glad Lindsey hasn't been victim of any "mean girl" activity yet and that they aren't fighting over boys...that will send me to my hair color lady even more frequently than I have to go now...remember I got a late start on this parenting thing...

2 Comments:

Julie said...

Hi Debbie, I guess this is one thing I can be grateful for having only boys...but then they have their own issues! I noticed this among girls when I was teaching Sunday school this past summer and we took them out to play for a bit. And all these girls started whispering and excluding one girl and then the ring leader told another little blonde girl to go to the brown haired girl (the one excluded) that the ring leader was upset with her and the brown haired girl should go talk to the ring leader. So, she did and the ring leader ignored her and excluded her. I was watching this with awe. I could not believe girls this young were doing that. I don't know how any of us survived being young...

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.