Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lindsey's first goal...



Bob and I have a running joke that I am just plain bad luck for any team that I cheer for when I actually attend the event or when I watch with fury as I do during football season and March madness. So...as Lindsey and Bob were leaving for her soccer game on Saturday, I told him the team would win (they hadn't won a game yet) and that Lindsey would probably score her first goal since I was staying home with Kyle who was sick...so, of course, what happens? I get the call...Lindsey scored her first goal and they won. I cried because I missed it. To make matters worse, on Sunday, Lindsey sheepishly said, "Mom, can I ask you a question?" "Yes, I replied." "Can you not come to any more of my games so that we will win? Seriously, I'm not kidding, Mom. We won because you weren't there." OK she heard me tell Bob I was bad luck, but I didn't expect to be disinvited! And she did this on Mother's Day! A day in which she declared was the most boring day ever....why? Because mama wanted to do what she wanted to do and that was lay in bed and READ ALONE! She then informed me that on her birthday she gets to do whatever she wants to do...I'm thinking that is pretty much everyday for her...

2 Comments:

veronica said...

Don't worry Debbie. I went through the same things with my parents. I wouldn't let them come to my swim meets for 3years. Okay pretty irrational thinking but I eventually got over it. Hopefully it won't last as long for Lindsay. Have a great day!

Debbie said...

Hey V....three years!!! I think I would have to attend without being seen! Between this and the "Mom you are not cool" thing, I think Lindsey is a 13 year old stuck in a 7 year old body!