Saturday, April 7, 2007

Spring Break Day 5: Grandma and Target

Coloring edible Easter eggs at Grandma's...



"Look at me, Mom!"


Picked up the kids from Grandma's, and yes, they were grumpy. Lindsey gave me a piano concert when I got there. She had learned SEVEN short piano pieces in the 24 hours she was gone! Wow! My Mom bought her some beginner piano music and has been teaching her to play every time she goes over there. Both Kyle and Lindsey love playing. We then went to Target to get some much needed spring clothes and both of them actually enjoyed that...made them forget how grumpy they were. Kyle oddly enough is very particular about what he wears..so I cannot just buy either of them clothes. They both have to be involved in the selection process, and yes, I make them try everything on then and there...not always pleasurable but very necessary. Kyle did wander over to the sunglass area and "modelled" some shades for Lindsey, me, and the teenage girls right next to us that thought he was hilarious when he put on these big white bug glasses. After two hours or so of shopping, we finally left...hungry and tired...

Random note: I woke up this morning to Kyle yelling, "Hey Daddy, it's snowing." Yes, the weather for Easter is colder than it was for Christmas...that is just not right. Spring break started with 83 degrees,shorts and cranking up the A/C...it is ending in wool coats and highs in the low 40's. Hopefully, today will be the last time we "turn on" the fireplace...

0 Comments: