Friday, April 6, 2007

Spring Break Day 4 & 5: Grandma's House Part 1

Hear that silence? It is me in the house all by myself. The kids have been at my parents house since yesterday afternoon. They went to Grandma and Papa's for a sleepover so that Bob and I could attend our church's fabulous Easter production without worrying about childcare. As a result, I got to paint yesterday afternoon without "help" and go on a date with Bob. I called this morning and neither Kyle nor Lindsey wanted anything to do with me...they are playing the piano, playing Bingo, coloring Easter eggs, playing musical instruments, eating ice-cream and all the other indulgent things you do when you go to Grandma's. That means they will be grumpy after I pick them up...oh joy..

FYI, thanks to TIVO we were able to watch a long awaited new episode of "The Office" last night...it was one of the best episodes ever...pure genius...

2 Comments:

Courtney said...

sounds heavenly! did you like conversations? we went tuesday night.

Anonymous said...

Dear Deb,

Happy Easter to you and your beautiful little family. I know the granparents must have had a ball with your little ones. being a grandparent is just awesome so many rewards.
Love........Trudy Winkler