I've been "tagged" for a "meme." Here's my problem. I don't know what a "meme" is. As a matter of fact, I don't know how to pronounce "meme." I'm thinkin' that it must be pronounced with a long "e" like "MEE MEE" because, from what I gather, a "meme" is all about, well, ME. Or is it pronounced with a short "e" like "memo?" Argghhh...who knows.
Moving on, Kat at Sunshine and Lemonade wants me to share six unimportant things about "Me Me Me." Ah, so many things, so little time. I'm all about unimportant things, say for instance, like today when I went to the Hobby Lobby and Sonic websites again to find out if they are ever going to build either one of those near my house. (No they aren't, and notice I said again. ) Like I said, "unimportant."
So here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you. (D-O-N-E)
2. Post these rules on your blog. (You're reading 'em.)
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself. (That's easy. Is there anything else but?)
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry. (Don't hate me if I pick you.)
So you really want to hear some unimportant things about me? Umm, hmm, let's see:
(1) I played Barbies and school until I was 13. Most 13-year olds wouldn't be caught dead doing either these days.
(2) I am a military brat. Well, some still think I am. A brat that is. Can you be a brat at my age? Don't answer that. Needless to say I have moved around quite a bit and here are all the places I've lived:
*Landstuhl AFB, Germany (My sister and I were born there. My birth certificate is in German. I can't read anything other than the date and my name.)
*Sumter, South Carolina (My younger brother was born there. I barely remember it.)
*Phoenix, Arizona (That's where my Mom grew up)
*Ft. Ritchie Maryland (My dad was at War College near there. Did you know they had a college for war? Neither did I.)
*Eglin AFB, Florida (Near Ft. Walton Beach. I was in Mrs. Sprayberry's second grade class.
I loved Miss Sprayberry. She drove a blue Chevy Nova. That's what I wanted to drive, too. Instead I "drove" a blue, banana seat bike.)
*Honolulu, Hawaii (Yup, we were there for three years during the, don't be jealous now, Hawaii 5-0 years. I swam at the pool every Christmas Day, played the ukelele and danced the hula to "Ala Moana Annie with her enormous fanny." Scary. Not that I did it, but that I remember it.)
*San Antonio, Texas (I absolutely loved living there. It's a great city. Hobby Middle school rocks.)
*Northern Virginia (Moved here when Jimmy Carter was President and have lived here ever since, with the exception of my 4 years at Penn State. Any other Nittany Lions out there?)
(3) I started college as an English major with the intent of being a teacher but ended up an accounting major. I still know how to diagram a sentence, know the difference between "affect/effect" and "lay/lie," when to use a colon or semi-colon, when to use "well" and "good" because alot of people don't, and it drives me crazy. (One's an adverb and one's an adjective, people.) I am stickler for proper verb tense, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure so don't ask me to proof anything. Because I will proof it.
(4) I am not a big TV person. The only three shows I watch regularly are The Office, American Idol and The Amazing Race. I have never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Law & Order, The Sopranos, S&x in the City, 24, most sitcoms or SpongeBob. But I have seen every episode of The Brady Bunch three, four, five or six times. Just last week as a matter of fact. Not really. Well, really that I've seen it that many times. Just not last week.
(5) I love sports. I mean LOVE it! I don't talk about it much here, because I don't want to bore you to death. The first thing I read in the paper is the Sports page. I listen to Sports Talk radio in the car (without the kids that is. When I am with them, I am forced to listen to the same kids worship CD over and over and over and over and so on and so on and so on...the music isn't the problem, it's the over and over part.) I'd rather watch ESPN than Nightly News. I love College Football, College Hoops, Pro Football, the Olympics, and I'm getting into Ice Hockey. Speaking of which. My husband and I had the absolutely perfect date Saturday. We went to a playoff hockey game. The Caps vs. The Flyers. It was absolutely thrilling and the highlight of our weekend. And, yes, he appreciates that I love sports. He even sent me a love note on the jumbotron...
I'm afraid of the gas grill because I'm afraid it will blow up when I turn it on. Oh we grill all the time. I just let Bob do it, along with cutting the grass and doing the weekly grocery shopping. He loves it. I don't. So there you have it.
And finally, I hate coffee and anything coffee flavored. Blech, ick, give me a Diet Coke with lemon please.
So now for the fun part...I have to link...I hate linking...it's a pain...but I am going to do it for the sake of the "MEMEMMEMEMEMMEMEME" game:
I am tagging these gals (I just had to say that word) for this game. If you don't want to do it, well, that's too bad. You have to.
(1) Heather at Mindless Junque
(2) Kimberley at The Hokey Pokey Life
(3) Sissy at Painting Love in The Perfect Light
(4) Leigh Ann One Day at a Time
(5) Tracey at Make Room For
(6) Gina at - A Handful of Life
And, that's the end of my "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME" game.