Monday, April 21, 2008

Tag. I'm it.

I've been "tagged" for a "meme." Here's my problem. I don't know what a "meme" is. As a matter of fact, I don't know how to pronounce "meme." I'm thinkin' that it must be pronounced with a long "e" like "MEE MEE" because, from what I gather, a "meme" is all about, well, ME. Or is it pronounced with a short "e" like "memo?" Argghhh...who knows.

Moving on, Kat at Sunshine and Lemonade wants me to share six unimportant things about "Me Me Me." Ah, so many things, so little time. I'm all about unimportant things, say for instance, like today when I went to the Hobby Lobby and Sonic websites again to find out if they are ever going to build either one of those near my house. (No they aren't, and notice I said again. ) Like I said, "unimportant."

So here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you. (D-O-N-E)
2. Post these rules on your blog. (You're reading 'em.)
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself. (That's easy. Is there anything else but?)
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry. (Don't hate me if I pick you.)

So you really want to hear some unimportant things about me? Umm, hmm, let's see:

(1) I played Barbies and school until I was 13. Most 13-year olds wouldn't be caught dead doing either these days.

(2) I am a military brat. Well, some still think I am. A brat that is. Can you be a brat at my age? Don't answer that. Needless to say I have moved around quite a bit and here are all the places I've lived:

*Landstuhl AFB, Germany (My sister and I were born there. My birth certificate is in German. I can't read anything other than the date and my name.)

*Sumter, South Carolina (My younger brother was born there. I barely remember it.)

*Phoenix, Arizona (That's where my Mom grew up)

*Ft. Ritchie Maryland (My dad was at War College near there. Did you know they had a college for war? Neither did I.)

*Eglin AFB, Florida (Near Ft. Walton Beach. I was in Mrs. Sprayberry's second grade class.
I loved Miss Sprayberry. She drove a blue Chevy Nova. That's what I wanted to drive, too. Instead I "drove" a blue, banana seat bike.)

*Honolulu, Hawaii (Yup, we were there for three years during the, don't be jealous now, Hawaii 5-0 years. I swam at the pool every Christmas Day, played the ukelele and danced the hula to "Ala Moana Annie with her enormous fanny." Scary. Not that I did it, but that I remember it.)

*San Antonio, Texas (I absolutely loved living there. It's a great city. Hobby Middle school rocks.)

*Northern Virginia (Moved here when Jimmy Carter was President and have lived here ever since, with the exception of my 4 years at Penn State. Any other Nittany Lions out there?)

(3) I started college as an English major with the intent of being a teacher but ended up an accounting major. I still know how to diagram a sentence, know the difference between "affect/effect" and "lay/lie," when to use a colon or semi-colon, when to use "well" and "good" because alot of people don't, and it drives me crazy. (One's an adverb and one's an adjective, people.) I am stickler for proper verb tense, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure so don't ask me to proof anything. Because I will proof it.

Bored yet?

(4) I am not a big TV person. The only three shows I watch regularly are The Office, American Idol and The Amazing Race. I have never seen an episode of Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Law & Order, The Sopranos, S&x in the City, 24, most sitcoms or SpongeBob. But I have seen every episode of The Brady Bunch three, four, five or six times. Just last week as a matter of fact. Not really. Well, really that I've seen it that many times. Just not last week.

(5) I love sports. I mean LOVE it! I don't talk about it much here, because I don't want to bore you to death. The first thing I read in the paper is the Sports page. I listen to Sports Talk radio in the car (without the kids that is. When I am with them, I am forced to listen to the same kids worship CD over and over and over and over and so on and so on and so on...the music isn't the problem, it's the over and over part.) I'd rather watch ESPN than Nightly News. I love College Football, College Hoops, Pro Football, the Olympics, and I'm getting into Ice Hockey. Speaking of which. My husband and I had the absolutely perfect date Saturday. We went to a playoff hockey game. The Caps vs. The Flyers. It was absolutely thrilling and the highlight of our weekend. And, yes, he appreciates that I love sports. He even sent me a love note on the jumbotron...






(6) And here are three very random things that I have in common with Kat:

I have never mowed a lawn in my life, and my goal is to keep it that way. I do, however, love gardening.

I'm afraid of the gas grill because I'm afraid it will blow up when I turn it on. Oh we grill all the time. I just let Bob do it, along with cutting the grass and doing the weekly grocery shopping. He loves it. I don't. So there you have it.

And finally, I hate coffee and anything coffee flavored. Blech, ick, give me a Diet Coke with lemon please.


So now for the fun part...I have to link...I hate linking...it's a pain...but I am going to do it for the sake of the "MEMEMMEMEMEMMEMEME" game:

I am tagging these gals (I just had to say that word) for this game. If you don't want to do it, well, that's too bad. You have to.

(1) Heather at Mindless Junque
(2) Kimberley at The Hokey Pokey Life
(3) Sissy at Painting Love in The Perfect Light
(4) Leigh Ann One Day at a Time
(5) Tracey at Make Room For
(6) Gina at - A Handful of Life


And, that's the end of my "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME" game.

post signature

11 Comments:

Karen said...

OK- I don't think I like you. :) Don't take it personally, but you just seem too nice, too smart, and too perfect!
Ahhh, no I don't have issues with low self esteem.
I actually really liked your blog and will be back!
Keep up the good work so the rest of us non-perfect people can enjoy.

Heather said...

First of all, I LOVE that you tagged me because for TWO YEARS I've wanted to get tagged to do a meme, but noone has ever tagged me until now. YOU ARE MY FIRST TAG!!! I'll quit yelling now.

Secondly, the reason that we're such good bloggy friends is because you play the Jackson's on your blog. You just can't know how that makes me smile. I love this song.

Thirdly, I read you every day and love you. Your uninteresting things were really VERY interesting. This is so much fun!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl,

I didn't know how to say meme for the longest time either. Someone finally told me you say it "meem". So there you have it. I don't know if it's true.

You know something about me? I have never seen one episode or even a part of an episode of American Idol. I have, however, seen every episode of the following shows:
Brady Bunch
Andy Griffith
I Love Lucy
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie
Friends
Seinfeld

and could probably quote a line from every episode.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Yay! Thanks for doing it...and your unimportant things are so fun...and I love that I am "part" of it! More random things in common: I have seen every episode of the Brady Bunch. In college, I dragged my roommate to a "production" of the Brady Bunch...where people acted out episodes on stage...it was HILARIOUS. I also loved the Brady Bunch movie :-)

I was a Political Science/Russian major and switched to Anthropology because my professor looked like Harrison Ford. I love that I use my PhD each and every day. *snort*

Kathi said...

It's fun finding out stuff about blogging friends. You are quite perfect and fun. Hugs, Kathi Even though Michael is creepy, I like that song too, LOL!!

docufyi said...

Off the top of my head, 5 unimportant things about me:

1) I watch Seinfeld almost every night and still find it funny. Debbie thinks this is just odd :-)

2) My original career path was to go to medical school and become a surgeon. Turns out I ended up with an electrical engineering degree and an MBA. Go figure.

3) I have "systems" for everything (in a non-OCD sort of way). This drives Debbie and Lindsey crazy :-)

4) I supported technical equipment in live military exercises when I was an engineer. In one trip to Germany:
- our combat site was attacked and I had a weapon pointed at me,
- we were monitored by the Russians,
- we had the Nato Commander visit our site, and
- we had a mock chemical attack.

Quite the business trip for a 25 yr old civilian.

5) I just REALLY hate coconut. Not sure why, but even the smell of it, much less the taste of it makes me cringe. This makes Debbie and Lindsey laugh since Almond Joy/Mounds are one of their favorite chocolate treats :-)

Bob

Anonymous said...

hey Bob,
The coconut hatred runs in the family., Mike cant stand it also
Claudia

Runner Girl said...

Eeeeeeeekkkks! I didn't know what a meme was either, until now. And, I didn't know that anyone knew how to diagram a sentence...even English majors (myself included!) Thanks for tagging me and forcing me to post. It's getting harder now that the weather is nice and my yard calls to me! I don't know if I told you before, but I can't and I won't drink diet coke without lemon or a lime. I do' however, drink coffee!!!

Unknown said...

It was kind of cool to learn those things about you!
I HATE watermelon.
I played with barbies until I was even older than 14!
My brother is at Penn State.
I read your blog almost every day!

Trish said...

Thanks for checking in!! And for your prayers, they are coveted.

I had a good weekend. I ran away, just me, on the train to my sisters......

I'll be back to blogging once I finish my book (Captivating) and really lay my issues (well at least the ones that I am dealing with right now!) at the feet of Jesus, which is proving to be harder that I thought for this control freak.

I would love to meet up at Sonic for that Route 44 with you sometime. I think in real life you and I could and would be friends! Even though your a bit older but don't look it at all ;-)

Thanks for checking in......I'm off to read and pray and maybe cry a little (it's okay. it's part of the process for me)

Lula! said...

Well, great...now I'm gonna worry over my posts for fear that your English Majoring self will be proofreading. YEESH! No, seriously...I was an English major (before getting my degree in Religion!) but my grammar rarely shows it. Just so you know! And hello--I STILL play with Barbies. I'm 33 and proud of it!