This is Barry. He is one of my man readers. He is also my brother-in-law. He turned 45 on April 7. And because
I didn't try hard enough to reach him while he was traveling I was sick, sick, sick on my deathbed, yeah that's it, I was unable to wish him a Happy Birthday on the exact day. Oh yes, I sent a card. And, I called when he got home later that week. But apparently that doesn't count in man world. Because he always calls us on our birthdays. And oh yes, I heard about it. So I told him that I would make it up to him by honoring him with his very own post. Thing is, I didn't tell him when or how...so here goes:
* He has been in the family for 23 years.
* His middle name is Lynwood.
* He went to high school with the basketball player Allen Iverson. Well, they went to the same high school. Just in different decades. Minor detail.
took my sister off our hands is married to my sister Michele.
* He moved my sister and nephew to Dallas 17 years ago. I still haven't forgiven him. Job, schmob, and really, what's a couple hundred thousand dollar price difference in housing costs?
* He put up with phone bills between my sister and I that maybe perhaps were a teensy weensy bit too high before unlimited calling was the norm. Oh, and my bill was just as much.
* He coached my nephew Chase's baseball teams from the time he was 6 years old until high school. And put up with ALOT. From the parents. Not the kids.
* He roots against my alma mater, Penn State, in football just to bug me.
*He played baseball on scholarship at George Mason University. Yes, the same George Mason that went to the Final Four two years ago.
* He was drafted by the Texas Rangers out of high school but didn't want life in the MLB. Ironically, it is a very real possibility that his son will be in the MLB someday. Yes, he's that good and is a nationally recognized ball player.
* He is responsible for helping raise the finest 17 year old you'll ever meet. (We'll look past the Easter egg incident for the moment.)
* He loves my kids...that's why he is wearing a princess crown and letting Lindsey get a picture of it. We'll just move on from the part where I didn't ask him if I could post it on the internet.
* He loves his family.
* He reads my blog, unlike, ahem, my sister.
* Oh, and the best part, he wears bifocals now.
So Ladies, let's give my terrific brother-in-law Barry some happy belated birthday love.
Hit it girls....
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Barry!
Happy Birthday to you.
Now THAT is a happy birthday wish!