Friday, March 14, 2008

Princess Ava

I did it. I actually did it. I painted something that maybe, kind of turned out pretty good. And now I understand why people love to paint. I went down to my craft area last night about 9 pm and painted this here little thingy for Ava (see her CaringBridge site on my sidebar) in total silence. I emerged from the basement about 1:30 a.m. having burned myself only three times with the glue gun and not having any, ahem, staple gun accidents. So now, I have big plans for more projects! That sigh. It was my husband wishing I would complete the other 100 projects I have started. He still loves me though.

So gang, we are headed on a little road trip, you and me, to deliver this "treasure" to Ava. We are going to Dallas, Texas (Flower Mound to be exact) to visit my sister (who doesn't read my blog), my nephew (Huh? what's a blog?), and my brother-in-law (who loves and reads my blog daily..to him a big mwah.) Ava is a family friend of theirs who is about 18 months old and suffered a stroke in December from what may or may not have been the result of a rare disorder called Moyamoya. Nonetheless, their journey has been awe inspiring as they have clung to the Lord for guidance, wisdom, strength, hope, and healing. The Lord has truly used that sweet family in a mighty way, and Ava already has a testimony of a Heavenly Father that has a plan for her life. They have been witnesses to those around them that don't know Jesus as their savior and they have witnessed to people like me who have had Christ in their lives for many years. Today, I added the song "Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns on my playlist because this family has literally praised the Lord throughout this most difficult time of their lives. To see this mother cry out in praises to the ONE who brought this trial in their lives has been both humbling and convicting to me. I have watched from afar how their faith has been shaken to the core and how they have been helpless here on earth to do anything for their daughter other than to drop on their knees and pray every.step.of.the.way. As a result, their obedience has been rewarded, and Ava is making remarkable progress. And guess what? You (via my blog) and I (in person) get to meet her next week. If you have any time, camp out on her CaringBridge site and their blog. Their story and pictures will melt your heart.


post signature

10 Comments:

Julie said...

She is going to LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

That is so cool. You did such a great job and Ava is going to love it. I love to paint too, but rarely do it right now. Too many other interests...the story of my life!

veronica said...

Debbie, It looks fantastic! Who knows maybe you'll just have to start a business with Courtney! Can I hire you? Have a great time and I am sure Ava will love it.

Courtney said...

debbie-it's beautiful! i couldn't have painted it more perfectly. LOVE the long ribbons hanging on the bottom. she is going to love it!

Trish said...

Debbie, that is so darling! What a great gift for little Ava. And how fun to have a few quiet hours to yourself to paint!!
I love that Casting Crowns song, even when life isn't a "storm" for myself. It is a great reminder to praise God in ALL circumstances. I will lift up little Ava in prayers and i also pray that you have a great trip. Blessings!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Runner Girl said...

This is your most beautiful post...EVER! and add to the heart wrenching story casting crowns, and I'm in tears. Have a blessed trip!

Sissy said...

You are a true crafter. Everyone gets themselves with the glue gun once or twice. I have been professionally trained with a glue gun (college) but still get myself occasionally.

Lovely post. Lovely and encouraging comments on my post.

I want those slippers.

Tracey said...

That is adorable! I want to come over to your craft area and paint. Yeah, Stanleah would never burn you...but Roxanne will burn you just as soon as look at you.

I can't believe you get to lay eyes on sweet Ava. Have a great trip, we will be watching for some posts.

p.s. you aren't literally taking a "road trip" as in driving to Dallas are you?

Toni said...

Wow, that is absolutely adorable. I bet your dd is going to be thrilled to receive it. Coming in from my dear friend Sniz's blog.
Blessings,
~Toni~