Wednesday, December 12, 2007

shaken up

God's mercies are new not only everyday but every moment. I take a major highway (The Dulles Greenway) every morning when I drive Kyle to school; however, this morning I decided to take a different route which I rarely do. While stopped at an intersection to make a left hand turn, I felt very uneasy about it all. I was waiting to turn at an unprotected green light, and noted there was more traffic than usual. I actually became, well, a little nervous...I safely made the left turn, dropped Kyle off at school and returned the exact same way I came. When I arrived at that very same intersection just 15 minutes after making that left hand turn, I came upon a horrific accident in the exact same spot....there were at least three firetrucks, police, ambulances etc and streets were closed....the roof of one of the cars was gone...nada...nothing...I couldn't tell what had happened, but what I did gather is that the accident happened MOMENTARILY AFTER I made that left hand turn to take Kyle to school. Ironically, this morning Kyle and I had a discussion of how he needed to be seated in his booster properly so that he would be safe. I was a little shaken, and oh so grateful that we weren't involved. I pray that those who were in the accident are ok. I am so humbled by HIS mercy, discernment, and protection for me and my precious little boy because "There but for the GRACE OF GOD go I"...

3 Comments:

Julie said...

Praise God you are okay Debbie. I am rejoicing with you that nothing happend to you guys.

Debbie said...

Julie, you are so sweet...thank you for your sweet note.

Courtney said...

wow, Debbie! i'm so thankful you're ok!