Saturday, November 24, 2007

"The Bee Movie" and other random thoughts

Wow, I wasn't expecting this, but "The Bee Movie" is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It is hysterical. I guess I should have expected it to be funny since it comes from the brain of Jerry Seinfeld who really is a comic genius. We took the kids to see it today, and ALL of us enjoyed it. There was not one inappropriate thing in it...some of the humor made references to pop culture and current events that flew over the kids heads, but they really made Bob and I laugh belly laughs. I love movies that can entertain like that...However, the thing that left Bob and I shaking our heads was the cost...Sheesh...four tickets and popcorn/drinks set us back 50 bucks...the kids matinee prices are only 50 cents less than adults...that's insane...glad we only do this once in awhile...

After Lindsey and I spent the afternoon working on this big research project she has due next Friday...yes, it is a pretty big project for second grade, I decided "Hey, let's go to the outlets and buy you new sneakers at Adidas!" Bob should have saved me from myself as soon as the words spilled out of my mouth. The crowds and traffic were crazy. We walked into Williams Sonoma after getting shoes and saw the checkout line was about 30 deep and took a U-turn. This was at 5PM! I was out for a bit yesterday, and it wasn't anything like today...This is why I only shop/run errands during the week.

And Nancy B. if you are reading this don't choke on your coffee after you hear what we just heard on TV. John Riggins says that the Redskins have the potential to be the New England Patriots!!! Bahahahahaha.....I thought Bob was going to fall off the couch laughing...what planet is that guy from...the Colts maybe, the Redskins, never...

Ciao for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more on the Bee movie. We did family date night last night and loved it. We too were shocked at the price. I guess that is why I sneak snack food in. We laughed so hard. Cathy