Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"would you be interested in...."

So I dropped Kyle off at school this morning and the minute he walked into his class he announced to everyone that today is his Mommy's birthday...when you are 4 it is a big deal...when you are 44,not so much....so one of the mom's who I am friendly with says "Happy Birthday" and gives me a hug...we leave the class, walk outside and she turns to me and says "would you be interested in... (at this point I'm thinking she is going to ask about play date, lunch, etc.)...nope she says BOTOX. "Would you be interested in BOTOX?" I was about to bust out laughing because she was dead serious and my first thought was, really, who wants to hear that on the day they are officially in their mid forties...and secondly, I know I have laugh lines, but I don't think I am at the point of needing injections of artifical stuff! I told her that I was anti any of that which is true, and she told me that she was having a BOTOX party at her house on Sunday! I asked if they were "shooting up" right at her house.. yup, right there in her living room which is a bit freaky if you ask me...I've been to Southern Living, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Creative Memories and Silpada jewelry parties, but a BOTOX party is a whole other level of something, not sure what....but it was great for a hearty laugh this morning...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bean!

Hope it's all you wanted, and then some. But forget the Botox, we love ya as your are.

Cleave and Crowley

Debbie said...

Hi Doug and Cathy!....no way no how am I getting Botox...I have to get my hair colored everytime I get it cut these days..that is pricey enough! I am squemish enough about needles let alone paying to have it done every month...ick! My 44th birthday will be quite different than my 21st if you know what I mean ;)...back then we were talking about the PHRYST at midnight...now I'm talking a glass of wine at dinner and bed at 10 or so...Diff topic...Rodney Kinlaw should have been starting all year...not Austin Scott! He cannot hold onto the ball to save his life...we might be undefeated it it weren't for that chucklehead...Talk later...