Monday, October 29, 2007

day three of the strep/virus combo...

Kept Lindsey out of school today...and it looks like she will be out at least one more day...hopefully she can go back on Wednesday (just in time for Halloween...a big who cares if you ask me...I am not a big Halloween person...never have been)...and hopefully Kyle doesn't start up with this whole nasty thing...I got a hold of Lindsey's pencil box from school today and threw out her crayons and pencils and cloroxed her scissors ...the actual plastic box will go through the dishwasher tonight...tomorrow will be spent bleaching every surface in my house!

While at the pediatrician on Saturday, I had quite an unusual and inappropriate conversation with the doc...we go to a practice with quite a few doctors and have seen all of them at one point or another..when I have to make an appt., there is only one doctor that we see regularly...when it is a Saturday or last minute visit, it is, as most of you moms know, potluck...so this past Saturday we got the one male doc whom we have seen a number of times over the years, no biggie....UNTIL he kept going on and on about Lindsey's weight and how petite she was and stay that way because after you get married you get fat etc...ooookkaaay...let that one slide...and we wonder why girls have weight issues...then he asked her if she had a boyfriend, she replied "no"...then he asked if she had a girlfriend to which she replied no...and then he proceeded to tell me a story about a seven year old male patient that responded to that same question about having a boyfriend as "No, I'm not gay." Now we haven't had "that" talk with Lindsey yet...so I am looking at the doc with big eyes shaking my head ever so slightly (but very quickly) and mouthing "stop, stop." I was stunned that he felt it was appropriate to bring that up in front of my child....he has no idea what our family values/belief systems are or what we have chosen to share, or not share as the case maybe with our children. I was furious. Fortunately, Lindsey has not said anything, and I am not going to bring it up right now....Needless to say, we will request NOT to see him ever again. If we didn't love our regular doctor so much and it wasn't just down the street, I would consider leaving the practice....what was he thinking...

3 Comments:

veronica said...

That is unbelievable! I would consider writing a letter to the practice. I think I would consider leaving the practice but I know how you feel about doctors. When you find one you love, you want to stick with them. Good luck. I am sorry you had such a bad experience

Courtney said...

wow! that's awful!

Tracey said...

You have got to print this out and send it to the practice. That conversation was so out of line and inappropriate for a child!!!