Friday, September 14, 2007

Old Timers Hockey


No seriously, that's what it's called. Bob and our neighbor Andy, both 45, played in their first hockey game in a decade or two...and I have to say, they both did great...all the guys were 40 plus....some were even in their 60's. I was very impressed by all of them because the skating was much faster than I thought it would be, and the game was pretty competitive. It was lots of fun to watch. Bob even scored a goal!! Woo hoo! The final score ended up in a tie 4-4...but I have to say, both goalies were pretty darn good...It is hard to collapse on your knees and dive for pucks with all that equipment on at any age, but these middle aged men did it gracefully and got right back up. The quote of the night came from Andy though...when he walked out after the game he said "I want to know when I turned a hundred." Funny how this age thing creeps up on ya. He continued to say he had a couple of goals for the game, one of which included "not having a cardiac event." I'm still chuckling. After an hour and fifteen minutes of hockey tonight, Bob has a 7 a.m. tee time with his regular golf buddies tomorrow morning and then plays in a golf tournament on Sunday....what am I am going to do? Go buy furniture. Hey, I need to indulge in my hobby while he indulges in his!

1 Comments:

veronica said...

Well I'm glad Andy can make you laugh! Sounds as though they had a great time. Andy is also golfing today. Must be rough. Maybe I'll have to go buy furniture as well. Looks as though we are going to be hockey widows! Have a great day