Wednesday, September 26, 2007

it's that time of the year....

Sunday morning Lindsey woke up with a sore throat. Monday morning she woke up with a sore throat, but I sent her to school because she wasn't throwing up or didn't have a fever (my stay-at-home-sick rules)...she was a trooper even though she didn't feel all that great...she had her playdate Monday afernoon and that night she spiked a fever..oh great, it's probably strep. I kept her home yesterday (Tuesday) and took her to the pediatrician. They tested her for strep and the quick test came back negative..."she probably just has a virus, but we will culture it overnight" they told me. She didn't run a fever at all yesterday and seemed to feel better by last night although I could tell her throat was still hurting a little bit....so off I sent her to school today...(you know where I am headed with this don't you)...no sooner do I walk in the door from taking her to school this morning does the doctor's office call and tell us that the overnight strep test came back POSITIVE. I knew it. Bob gets in the car, goes up to school, explains the situation to the front office, and gets Lindsey out of class...she was actually disappointed to come home (that's a switch) while the other kids were yelling "you're so lucky!"...so here we are waiting to get some antibiotics pumped in her so we can resume our week...I have had to unwind everything planned for my day again,...oh the life of being a parent...

0 Comments: