Tuesday, June 5, 2007

a slurpee and some pretzels

that is what Kyle got to eat for "breakfast" this morning...it was a bribe to get him to go with me to the paint store to get paint...great Mom, huh? Well, to him I'm the best...he got to eat pretzels at 9:00 a.m.! I finally settled in on a color for the kitchen that I had actually selected two years ago (Benny Moore: Cognac Snifter). I should have just painted it then...I don't know what I was thinking....

This was a day of God providing the way for me...and what blessing it has been...I have been stressed about the paint, the air conditioner, making reservations for our trip to Dallas, about not yet being able to see family that is in town because school is still in session, the Tahoe bumper sticking out, and all the other plans we have this summer that have me so overwelmed I feel like I am starting to dread everything. So today, I got a big gulp (diet coke with lemon of course!), got my paint, managed to paint the whole kitchen while Kyle entertained himself ...not one complaint from him at all which was huge for me (well he did get to watch more TV than usual:) The A/C guy came this afternoon, and the repair was minor, costing us far less than replacing the outside compressor. We got two cheap tix to Dallas and were able to coordinate purchasing flights with two frequent flier flights, which can be tricky. Bob found a place that can fix the Tahoe hopefully without having to replace the bumper, and we are seeing "the cousins" this weekend. The bonus is that the hardwood floor in the family room is being installed on Thursday...get ready for the carpet bonfire in the street! All I can say is God is so good. He worked it all out for me....in spite of me....

This is off topic, but I am wondering how long it is going to take for the Homeowner's Association to eye spy that 30 foot or so RV trailer that my neighbor's have parked IN their yard across the street from me...hmmm...

0 Comments: