Monday, April 2, 2007

Spring Break Day 1: Roadtrip to Ikea

Well today was the first day of spring break and the weather couldn't be more fabulous. Since we have something kid related planned everyday this week, I decided I needed one day to do something for Mommy. I have been wanting to "road trip" it to Ikea so I decided to get that in early in the week...It is a good 50 minutes from our house...but so worth it when you get there. I went for a specific reason, to get three swivels chairs for our craft area but ended up with just a few other items...you know how that goes. The kids had a good time...got to eat lunch out and play at one of those germ pit slide thingys that I can't stand...(I have only allowed them to go into those things in the last year...then they have to come home and take a bath pronto.) But I had to reward them for "going on an adventure to Mommy's store." Nothing exciting happened...I didn't take any pictures even though I had my cell phone..I think the fact that Lindsey was wearing a pink princess muscle shirt and blue adidas soccer shorts with running shoes deterred me from permanently recording that outfit. Long gone are the days that I can pick out her clothes...she does well most days, but that one was awful...although, I just realized she knows how to access our family blog and can read every bit of this. Oh well...
Tomorrow we are headed to the Smithsonian for a trip to see the Dinosaurs which is actually secondary in fun to the metro rail ride they love so much...

0 Comments: