Wednesday, January 30, 2008

my love, my valentine

My ten year wedding anniversary looks nothing like I thought it would: Bob is out of town and Lindsey and I are sick.

What were we thinking 10 years ago when we decided to get married in January? Bob and I thought it was a great idea at the time because we wanted to go on a two week honeymoon to Maui and Kauai when it was cold here which is what we did. We thought that we could spend our future anniversaries in the warmth of the Hawaiian sun as well. Boy were we wrong. We have kids that we don't want to leave for two weeks (can't go to Hawaii for just a week...travel sucks up two days), January is peak season in Hawaii so it is lots of money, and of course, this month is prime cold and flu season...something I didn't give much thought to before I had kids since I never really got sick. Two years ago we had to cancel our anniversary dinner because I had a sinus infection. This year I have the flu. Now we have had to cancel our big weekend away to the Homestead Resort & Spa. Ugh.

But....

We still have each other...and amidst my tears yesterday telling him that I didn't think I would be well enough to go away this weekend, he told me all he wanted to do was be with me no matter where it was. In the big picture, I am so blessed to be living my dream with the one and only person God planned for me to be with. I truly understand what unconditional love is because that's what Bob shows me daily. I constantly tell him I got the better end of this deal...and I did. I just want him to know that I love this life we have together, and though I didn't think it possible, I love him even more today than 10 years ago....And for "My love, My Valentine," I,too, am happy spending our 10 year anniversary anywhere as long as we are together....


3 Comments:

Courtney said...

i'm in tears - that's so sweet - i'm using my pregnancy hormones as my reason. sorry you can't go away - life doesn't go along with our plans sometimes, does it??

Julie said...

I am so sorry that you are sick. I read about you getting your medicine so that you wouldn't and thought that was a great idea...and I am sorry that it didn't work.
Thanks for sharing about you guys. I love hearing couples that are in love. I feel this way with Zach daily...and I KNOW I got the good end of the deal too! Poor man! Anyway, with all the negative talk and images of relationships, I am truly blessed to be with the man God gave me and to see others happily married as well to the Godly men God gave them. Thanks for sharing and brightening my day!

Debbie said...

You two are going to make me cry!