Tuesday, January 29, 2008

the flu

I knew last week that I was going to jinx myself when I said to someone that we haven't had so much as a sniffle since the back-to-back strep throat thingy last fall...should have kept my mouth shut. I took Lindsey in yesterday to get tested for strep since she has had a wicked sore throat for two days and came out with a positive test for the flu! Wasn't expecting that. We caught it early enough that she is able to take Tamiflu which can be prescribed within a day of symptoms appearing or if you have been exposed to someone with the flu because it stops the virus growth. It seems to have already helped even after two rounds. So, I am headed to my doc this afternoon to get a prescription for me as a premptive strike since I cannot afford to be sick with Bob out of town and with our upcoming weekend away to celebrate our ten year anniversary. I usually don't get what the kids get, which I'm convinced is God's mercy on mothers who have to be coughed on all day, but I don't want to chance it this time...

0 Comments: