Friday, October 26, 2007

the ultimate thank you card

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15



I have been searching for several years now for something to display in my home with that verse on it, but I could never quite find anything that I really liked that fit in with my decor...As recently as several weeks ago, I was considering trying my hand at painting it on something. But, I never, ever told anyone (not even Bob) that I was on the hunt for any such thing. Where is all this leading you ask? A week or so ago, I sent my friend Kelly, who lives in Kentucky, a box of assorted ribbon that I found and loved and knew that she could use with her projects....she is a very talented painter and uses ribbon for many of her projects. Yesterday, when the mail arrived, I found a package from her on my stoop. I opened it up to find the most precious thank you card I have ever received. She hand painted a plaque with that very verse in Joshua that I had been searching for. I immediately cried. The Lord knew I desired to have that displayed in my home. But Kelly didn't. It was an unexpected blessing that far surpassed my expectations and is truly a "God thing." Wow. It means more to me to have that verse handpainted by a friend than to have purchased something random. On the flip side of the plaque, she painted the words LAUGH amidst all the colors that are incorporated in my house. I can tell you, these pictures don't do it justice...It is beautiful and worth more than the ribbon I sent her. So Thank YOU my friend...I will treasure it forever and display it with honor and gratitude in my home.

1 Comments:

Courtney said...

as always, it's AMAZING! how cool that you were looking for that verse for your house!