Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Franklin the turtle pays us a visit

Yesterday, I left to run a quick errand, and when I came back 15 minutes later, there was a huge turtle in the driveway in front of the closed garage door. I was in a rush to go pick up Kyle so I opened the garage door, ran in to put the groceries away, came out and the turtle (I named him Franklin after the book/tv show) was in the garage. Knowing that this was a blogworthy moment and that the kids would want to see it, I whipped the camera out of my purse to video record him. I was silent for most of the recording, but towards the end I started to talk to him... Well, when I showed the video clip to Lindsey, she said "Wow, that's cool, Mom, but you weren't talking to the turtle were you?" I said, "Yes, I was." To which she replied , "Uh, that is so embarassing, Mom, I thought you were talking to Kyle. I wouldn't show that to anyone." Uh yeah, she is only 7. Anyways, between the squirrels, deer, rabbits, raccoons, chipmunks, and the baby snake we found under some rocks, we are just a living nature center here at our house....not sure if that is good or bad...

2 Comments:

veronica said...

Meghan would be totally embarrassed as well! Oh well I guess we have those mom moments. Moments we swore we would never do when our mom's did things like that.

Debbie said...

I know what you mean, I just didn't expect it to happen until she was much older!