Tuesday, August 21, 2007

it's all good

Today didn't start out so great as you saw in my earlier post. When your daughter tells you you were so mad your face was beat red, it is time to regroup, ask for forgiveness, and to pray which is what I did. Right after the incident, I emailed a friend about what had happened, and she reminded me of the following:

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

She added, "there is only love and forgiveness." I had been beating myself up for getting so mad at the kids, but the Lord gently reminded me through my friend that I am forgiven. That set about a peace over me all day. As a result, the rest of the day went "divinely" well, because the Lord had to take over for me when I failed as a mother. The kids realized how very upset I was at them for their behavior, and as a result, while they were in their rooms they put on their clothes, made their beds, and picked up without me telling them to do it. They played so well TOGETHER the rest of the day and just gave me space. It was a day of blessings. Throughout the whole afternoon, all I could think was how true this verse is:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

The Lord used my outburst for good today...the kids and I talked about what went wrong and why I was so upset...we started talking about what is acceptable and what isn't. And Lindsey and I had a heart to heart asking each other for forgiveness. Because my tendency is to beat myself up over many things, I was reminded that although I am human and will make human mistakes, I am forgiven, not condemned because of my relationship with Jesus Christ...that is so liberating. And the heart of the Christian walk...so yes, it's all good.

0 Comments: