Monday, August 6, 2007

Grampy

We love when Bob's Dad comes to visit because he truly enjoys spending time and playing with the kids...he gets down on their level, plays endless hours of games abiding by their rules of course, plays play doh, reads stories, doesn't care how rambunctious they get, and allows them to be super goofy, among countless other indulgences....Mommy, likes when Grampy comes, too, because he helps with my projects! In exchange I provide meals, the Wall Street Journal, Pepsi, and something chocolate :) I don't have huge projects, well, except for the time I had him change all the lighting in my first floor because I hated that contractor stuff we had...but I digress...This time, the project included putting down laminate flooring in an alcove we have in the basement that I turned into a craft area. It's just dead space, and this spring I painted it, hung Elfa shelving (The Container Store...gotta love it), and bought swivel chairs from Ikea. The only thing I needed to do to complete it was to pull up the carpet underneath so that we could "swivel" and paint/fingerpaint/playdoh without worrrying about trashing the carpet. So last week, I put Bob and his Dad to work:

Stage 1...pulling up the carpet, padding, and strips that had lots of tacks:



Halfway finished:



Ta Da...the finished product...we all love it..




Here's a last day picture before going to the airport and before the kids became weepy because they missed their great big playmate....their loving Grampy...



As always, thanks for all your help...we ALL love and miss you....

3 Comments:

Courtney said...

what a GREAT craft area! when i come over and paint or something?? :-)

Debbie said...

you can come over anytime!

Anonymous said...

Great moments to be treasured forever as they pass all too quickly.

Love Mom