Tuesday, July 10, 2007

i don't even know where to start....

"make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold"...whoever penned that couldn't have said it better...i have had the most fabulous last few weeks...from our trip to Dallas, to my friend Helen and her family staying with us for the last few days, to a mini-reunion last Saturday, I have taken 216 pictures in the last 14 days...i just downloaded them and will post more later, but for now I just want to post several pictures that sum up the last few weeks for me....lots of family, friends, laughing til we cried, staying up really late, great wine, good food, and reminiscing about things our kids shouldn't hear....

These are my very dear friends from Penn State that I have known since 1982...a million years ago...we have actually known each other longer than we haven't...We got together over the weekend at my friend Joanne's house in Arlington...from left to right Helen (the kids got her with a water balloon), Joanne (aka Bunt), Debbie (aka Bean), and Allison (aka Blue)..yes we all had nicknames and to this day these 40-something women still call me Bean...their faces get contorted if they have to call me Debbie...



This is a group shot of all our spouses and kids....The Norbergs, The Ashbecks, The Burds, and all the way from California, the Zajac/Hessler's....



The future of Penn State...and the personality of these kids falls right in line with their respective mother's...a revelation that was made very clear this weekend and was very humorous to all of us....from left to right, Lindsey, Zoe, Emma, and Whitney...



All the kids.... Top row: Zoe, Jordan, Nicholas, Andrew, Lukas, Bottom row: Emma, Whitney, Daniel, Alaina, Lindsey, Kyle



From our Dallas trip, this is a precious picture of my nephew Chase with Kyle and Lindsey ....


This is my sister Michele with Lindsey..they miss each other terribly and talk daily via a webcam we set up when we were in Dallas...



That's it for now...I am melancholy...and to Helen, "I'm missing you."

1 Comments:

Courtney said...

looks like such a wonderful time! i'm sure your heart is full and your enjoying the memories! hope to see you soon!