Thursday, July 19, 2007

here we go again....

ok...so Sunday morning we get in the Tahoe to go to church, turn the key...the car doesn't start...ugh, the battery is dead. (Thank God I didn't go to Philly this weekend with the kids by myself!)So we pile into Bob's car, go to church, stop at Merchant's to get a battery on the way home. Bob changes the battery, and we are good to go. I spent Monday running errands. All was fine, but I did notice that the car was tentative everytime I started it. On Tuesday afternoon, we were headed to the pool and went to pick up Lindsey's friend down the street. The car started fine in our driveway. I drove down the street and around the corner to her friend's house, turned the car off in the driveway, loaded up Lindsey's friend and then tried to start the car. It was DEAD...completely DEAD....no turning over, no nothing, nada...oh great...call Bob, he comes home from work and gives me a jump start so that we can take it to the shop...the car starts...But, before we drive away, I prayed out loud for the Lord to give us a safe trip to the service station...I then put it in reverse and it died AGAIN...no juice whatsoever...That was actually a blessing. God allowed that car to die in my friend's driveway so that I wouldn't have the same thing happen to me with my kids in the car on the major road we needed to take to get to the service station. So, I call AAA and tell them I need a tow truck...they say it will be 90 minutes, of course that is what they always say and it is usually longer...surprisingly, they got someone out quicker, but they sent someone in a car to jump start it not tow it! I told them "no, i need a tow truck"..."Sorry maam, you are going to have to call it in AGAIN". I call it in, and they say, that will be 90 minutes (of course.) They say they will expedite the call since it is the second one I made...TWO plus hours after I make the SECOND call, they show up...how's that for expediting a call! Keep in mind the car is still in my neighbor's driveway...so two AAA guys start hitching the Tahoe to a truck and then realize something doesn't make sense about why it won't start. They take a look at the battery, pull out a wrench and tighten up a bolt on the battery cable....car starts up perfectly....no towing necessary. Apparently, the bolts that connect the battery to the car have to be REALLY REALLY tight. It became loose as I drove around on Monday, thus the tentativness I experienced, eventually resulting in no connection....I told Bob to keep his day job....so all it cost was a day at the pool, Bob coming home early (a big plus for us), and blocking my neighbor in her garage for three hours. Fortunately, it wasn't the starter or alternator or an electrical problem...best of all it didn't have to get towed, and I didn't have to spend a day without a car, and then pay someone 100 dollars to find out all we needed was the turn of a wrench...

0 Comments: